01 02 03 awake & free: a thursday prayer (Brooke) 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

a thursday prayer (Brooke)

34
Last March I started praying---praying that God would give me a heart to choose stillness over busyness and worship over worry. And, I prayed that I would actually just pray instead of talking about praying.   I prayed that I would be prayerful for people & pray continually. It has been a journey that has really changed me.  I am very thankful--& still learning and growing.

One particular day last March I decided I wanted to start praying for myself and every girl that I had had the privilege of discipling since joining staff with Cru{10 years ago, ah!} and every girl that was and is involved in the Cru ministries here in Tidewater(many who I don't even know). Since then I have prayed this prayer (almost) every Thursday. This prayer has become so dear to me and Thursday prayer mornings are a very favorite:

Jesus, I pray that every day you would remind us of the deep and unfailing love that you have for us. I pray that any doubts that we might have will be wiped away by your gentle and kind reminders of Your love.  I pray that we would know that nothing can separate us from your love. I pray we would be full of faith and listen well for Your Voice.  I pray that we wouldn't live comfortable lives but would take risks for your glory.  I pray we wouldn't settle but would serve and love boldly.  I pray that we would walk humbly with you, with eyes a w a k e & open to be ready to go, do and say what you might wants us to say today and everyday.  I pray that we would be women of prayer.  Trusting you for things big and small.  I pray we would see you moving and answering our prayers.  I pray that when you have us in seasons of waiting that we would wait well and wait with much joy.  I pray for the mountains that we might be facing right now- I pray that we would trust you with it- that we would realize that nothing is impossible with you! And, that you are in control of all things.  I pray that we would be women that depend on you and do nothing before seeking you.  I pray that we would be women of your Word.  I pray we would cling to your promises. I pray these promises would set us f r e e.  I pray against any lies that we might believe-- I pray we would not give into the enemies timely words but would remember who YOU are God.  Guard our minds.  Please make us more aware of Your presence.  We need you each day Jesus to guide us.  We know you are good.  Help our hearts to be quick to remember you each day.  I pray that we would be bold with your love and surround ourselves with people that know You and people who don't yet know You.  Let our lives count for You.  In Your name, Amen.

You have been prayed for today.  Happy Thursday. You are loved.  

-->There is a tab to the right where you can share specific prayer requests..  Every Tuesday afternoon all the staff girls are together for a prayer time.  We would love to be covering your requests in prayer.  

prayer changes things.  

Labels:

35 36 37 38