01 02 03 awake & free: On love & waiting & worry (Brooke) 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

On love & waiting & worry (Brooke)

34
-Shauna Niequist
In the past 2 weeks I have been face to face/voice to voice/email to email with so many friends & students that are waiting. waiting for something--in most of these scenarios it is for the right guy to come. and stay. forever.

I remember feeling the exact same way. With each new or familiar guy wondering could this be it. But if I've learned anything it is that God will and does line it up{in His time} and it's good. He has a plan for us. It's better than our best any day. I grieve over seeing girls date & marry guys that are just okay. It's better to be alone than to be with a guy that doesn't lead you and love you and love God first. The guy should make you really love God more.

This world loves to sell us the love at first sight business all day long.  And not the --> make love work over the decades.  The world doesn't care about that.  But God does.  And that's why it's SO important to wait for the guy that catches your eye because of his consistency with Jesus, his heart for Gods world & for His friends, and the way he cares for people and respects you.  The way he treasures the Word of God and lives it out. More often than not these qualities in yourself and in Him work themselves out into love through the decades-through the highs and through the lows of life. I know it can be tempting to throw in the towel and date the guy that is "pretty good but mostly pretty." Wait. Be with God. Be still. Trust Him.

I know it's easy to just think about the future. I know I do. I worry about tomorrow. I worry about the summer. I worry about what my staff team will be like next fall. I worry about when my Dad's dog Sugar Girl will die{she isn't even sick}. I worry about tunnels and germs. I worry about if the meat has been sitting out too long. 

I worry if God will ever give us kids (we've been waiting for 4 years).

I used to worry too about the guy. If I had only known that God was lining every detail up. When it came time to meet and get to know Brian(10 years ago)--it made so much sense. This is what I have been waiting for and praying for. Every so often I think to myself-"thank you God. You know me so much better than I do. Thank you for not letting me marry the guy I thought was a really good dresser and drove a car that is 4 times more expensive than mine, thanks God for not letting me marry the guy that loved photography more than You. Thank you for directing my heart.mind.soul. Thank you for giving me Brian."

I wonder what you're waiting for? Or worried will happen or won't happen? Every time my anxious heart goes toward the future I hear{sometimes louder, sometimes softer} just live today. Be present for today. I made today for a reason. There is SO much I have for you today. Don't miss a thing. Why worry about things that you think will go down tomorrow?

God is writing a story with your life. I believe it. I see it. Let us wait well, friends. It will all make so much sense one day.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." *Matthew 6:34

Labels:

35 36 37 38